Double Impact have developed a programme of Alcohol Awareness training aimed at providing much needed education and information on the dangers and consequences of alcohol misuse for young people. The sessions use a range of different approaches to encourage learning such as arts, drama as well as a more conventional teaching approach. It is delivered by experienced and trained professionals and supported by service user volunteers from Double Impact, with lived experience of the issues. This makes for a very impactful and engaging experience for students.
The aims of the training are:
- To increase knowledge and awareness of the dangers and consequences of alcohol misuse.
- To provide reliable and factual information regarding health issues, treatment options and support services to both students and teachers – therefore enabling effective, on going support of those who might be personally affected by the issues raised.
- Encourage students to consider a wide range of consequences of alcohol misuse including health, social, criminal and familial.
- To use a variety of approaches to deliver the messages around alcohol awareness, therefore promoting engagement and encouraging all learning styles.
- Have increased knowledge around alcohol misuse and a better understanding of the various consequences of this.
- Be better informed and therefore able to make more responsible decisions and choices with regard to their own alcohol use now or in the future.
- Consequently, through making better choices avoid the social, criminal and health damage associated with alcohol misuse.
- Be better supported if they are or have been experiencing difficulties around either personal or parental alcohol misuse.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at students and young people in Year 10, but can be adapted to meet the needs of younger or older students.
The Nottingham Academy had the privilege of working with Double Impact in a ground breaking project in raising awareness of alcohol with our year 10 students. The year 10’s found the experience invaluable especially the talk by recovering alcoholics and the workshops provided by Double Impact. We very much hope that this can be a regular project.
Rachel Day, Greenwood Academy School, Nottingham
The sessions were engaging and thought provoking and the feedback from all students was incredibly positive. It was an emotional and inspiring day because the volunteers were willing to share their personal experiences which meant that all our pupils felt comfortable to ask any questions they had and really got a lot out of the experience.
Sian Cresswell, Head of Year 10, Nottingham Academy
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and all of the providers who came in last week to hold the Alcohol Awareness workshops. As well as finding the day really enjoyable, the students learned a lot and developed life skills which will help them in the future. Many of the students have been talking about it and, for some, it has had a big impact on their views on alcohol.
David Farnie, Director of Achievement, Nottingham Academy
Prices and Options
This course can be delivered as a half or full day’s training package.
Costs are £300 for a half day and £500 for a full day.
Double Impact is a Certa Recognised Centre, therefore all our course options are delivered using accredited materials and lesson plans, assuring a very high level of content and delivery.
Please speak to us about a bespoke version of this course if the above options do not meet your business’s or organisation’s needs. We are able to design and deliver flexible learning packages of varying length and cost.
Delivery can take place either at your own venue or one of our training locations in Nottingham, Mansfield or Lincoln city centre.
How to book
Please complete the enquiry form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in touch with all our news and events by signing up to our newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails.