This course gives an overview of the issues surrounding the use of Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPSs), commonly known as ‘Legal Highs’, using a variety of teaching and learning methods to suit most learners. The course is interactive, with plenty of opportunities to ask questions and explore the issues. Wherever possible we use volunteers or staff with lived experience of the issues to co-facilitate the training, which brings the subject to life and enhances the impact of the course.
In this course you will:
- Understand a range of Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Understand how new technologies influence access to Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Understand current legislation relating to Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Understand the effects that alcohol and drug misuse may have on others.
- Understand some of the health issues associated with alcohol and drug misuse.
- Understand what motivates individuals to use Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Learn about some of the agencies that offer help and information.
Participants will be able to:
- Define Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Give examples of different types of Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Describe the expected effects of the different types of Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Describe ways Novel Psychoactive Substances are bought and sold on the internet.
- Describe how new technologies affect the accessibility of Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Describe the legislation used to control the sale of Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Assess potential changes in legislation to control the sale of Novel Psychoactive Substances.
- Compare the motivation of different Novel Psychoactive Substance users.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a broad overview of the issues surrounding misuse of alcohol and illicit drugs.
Prices and Options
Costs per learner start at £90 per learner for a full day.
Double Impact is a Certa Recognised Centre, therefore all our course options are delivered using accredited materials and lesson plans, assuring a very high level of content and delivery.
Please speak to us about a bespoke version of this course if the above options do not meet your business’s or organisation’s needs. We are able to design and deliver flexible learning packages of varying length and cost.
Delivery can take place either at your own venue or one of our training locations in Nottingham, Mansfield or Lincoln city centre.
How to book
Please complete the enquiry form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org