Contract Type: Fixed term until 31.10.2021 with a possible extension until 31.03.2022
Post 1: Part Time (18.5 hours per week over 3 days); Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Post 2: Full Time /Job Share (37 hours per week); Location: Nottingham City
(Travel will be required around the local area)
Salary: Post 1: £22,765 pro rata(£11,382.50 for 18.5 hours)
Post 2: Full Time / Job Share FTE £22,765
Would you like a chance to give something back to the local community? Do you want to make a difference to our organisation and the communities of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire? If you do then read on ………..
Double Impact is currently working with Groundworks who are lead partner for the BIG Lottery’s Building Better Opportunities Fund, D2N2 LEP, Towards Work Strand. This exciting programme aims to combat the root causes of poverty, promote social inclusion, challenge long-term unemployment and empower socially excluded people. This project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
As a committed and motivated individual can you help us deliver the programme?
You will work directly with unemployed and economically inactive participants by effectively delivering a holistic, personalised support service, which empowers participants with the self-belief, skills, motivation and confidence to enable them to progress into employment, self-employment or further training/education. The successful candidate will facilitate a range of Employability and Personal Development Interventions, via 1:1 and group based learning and development sessions. You will provide participants with comprehensive initial diagnostic assessments, plan and deliver their learning & development, evaluate and measure their progress and impart guidance, knowledge and mentoring. You will play a pivotal role in helping individuals to overcome their fears and barriers and to develop their employability skills.
The successful person will:
- Ideally hold a recognised Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) qualification (minimum of Level 3 or above) qualification
- Previous experience of coaching, supporting and placing unemployed/ economically inactive people into employment, self-employment or FE/Training
- Previous experience of effective case management of disadvantaged participants, including the delivery of 1:1’s, IAG, diagnostics, action planning, reviewing progress and implementing appropriate Employability & Job search techniques
- Ability to negotiate and agree ‘SMART’ objectives with participants, experienced in giving constructive feedback and able to positively transform negative behaviours
- Knowledge and understanding of the Local Labour Market, Sector Skills Gaps, local Employment & Skills provision, Specialist Support Networks, and Education & Training provider
APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION IS BY APPLICATION FORM ONLY
A full application pack including an application form and a full job description can be downloaded below or please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion please contact Lisa Emmerson (HR Manager) on 07702 252 278.
Double Impact embraces diversity and takes a pro-active approach to equality in services and employment. Registered Charity No. 1139865.
Closing Date: This post will remain open until the position is filled