SUBSTANCE MISUSE PRACTITIONER
(Nottingham Recovery Network, Nottingham City)
(Non Structured Psychosocial Interventions Team)
Salary: Band 4 Equivalent £20,150 – £23,363 per annum
Hours: Full Time (37 hours per week)
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking to recruit a Substance Misuse Practitioner to work within the Nottingham Recovery Network, Psychosocial Interventions Team.
The role will support individuals with substance misuse issues to achieve their drug and / or alcohol related goals through the use of psychosocial interventions and ongoing recovery support. The post holder will hold a caseload, and will be involved in assessment, risk management, care planning, case management and the delivery of comprehensive structured and unstructured treatment in response to all presenting service users.
The post holder will proactively maintain contact with service users striving for positive outcomes for all, and will help service users achieve and maintain their desired goals whether this be controlled use or abstinence.
* To ensure service users receive evidence-based interventions as identified through their care plan, and assist in the delivery of structured care plans
* To deliver psychosocial interventions through 1:1 and group work
* Key working with service users to build successful and trusting relationships
* To maintain appropriate records and case notes in line with the service outcomes
* Care planning, risk assessment and risk management
The successful candidate for the role of Substance Misuse Practitioner will have:
* Experience of working with service users with drug and/ or alcohol misuse issues
* Experience of utilising psychosocial interventions (e.g. motivational interviewing) to initiate change
* A genuine passion for working with vulnerable people with substance misuse problems
* Some knowledge and understanding of the recovery process
* Ideally have some experience of delivering group work
For an informal discussion please contact Lucy Thorpe, Service Manager on 07813 965310
A full application pack including a job description for the post can be accessed below.
Double Impact embraces diversity and takes a pro-active approach to equality in services and employment. Registered Charity No. 1139865
Closing date: Monday, 17th December 2018
Interview Date: Thursday, 20th December 2018