FIXED TERM CONTRACT UNTIL 30.09.2021
FULL TIME: 37 HOURS PER WEEK (MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
SALARY: £22,765 PER ANNUM
LOCATION: NOTTINGHAM CITY
(TRAVEL WILL BE REQUIRED AROUND THE LOCAL AREA)
Would you like a chance to give something back to the local community? Do you want to make a difference to our organisation and the communities of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire? If you do then read on ………..
Double Impact is a registered charity supporting recovery and community integration for people who have experienced problematic drug or alcohol use. We are currently working with Groundworks who are lead partner for the BIG Lottery’s Building Better Opportunities Fund, D2N2 LEP, Towards Work Strand. This exciting programme aims to combat the root causes of poverty, promote social inclusion, challenge long-term unemployment and empower socially excluded people. This project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
As a committed and motivated individual can you help us deliver the programme?
You will contribute to the overall success of the Building Better Opportunities Towards Work Programme within Nottinghamshire. You will work directly with unemployed and economically inactive participants by effectively delivering a holistic, personalised support service, which empowers participants with the self-belief, skills, motivation and confidence to enable them to progress into employment, self-employment or further training/education. The successful candidate will facilitate a range of Employability and Personal Development Interventions, via 1:1 and group based learning and development sessions. You will provide participants with comprehensive initial diagnostic assessments, plan and deliver their learning & development, evaluate and measure their progress and impart guidance, knowledge and mentoring. You will play a pivotal role in helping individuals to overcome their fears and barriers and to develop their employability skills.
The successful person will:
- Ideally hold a recognised Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) qualification (minimum of Level 3 or above) qualification
- Previous experience of coaching, supporting and placing unemployed/ economically inactive people into employment, self-employment or FE/Training
- Previous experience of effective case management of disadvantaged participants, including the delivery of 1:1’s, IAG, diagnostics, action planning, reviewing progress and implementing appropriate Employability & Jobsearch techniques
- Ability to negotiate and agree ‘SMART’ objectives with participants, experienced in giving constructive feedback and able to positively transform negative behaviours
- Knowledge and understanding of the Local Labour Market, Sector Skills Gaps, local Employment & Skills provision, Specialist Support Networks, and Education & Training providers
An application pack and full job description can be downloaded below.
If you would like an informal chat about the position please contact Lisa Emmerson on 07702252728.
Double Impact embraces diversity and takes a pro-active approach to equality in services and employment. Registered Charity No. 1139865
This post will remain open until the job is successfully filled.